This weekend’s list is all about some of the funniest/coolest tweets I’ve come across in the past few weeks. I’ve been saving them up to compile them into this post. Hope they make you chuckle too!
1. I love Anna Kendrick. Don’t you?
2. Madame Miriam is always a hoot.
Yung mga punyeta mong friends na ita-tag ka kahit wala ka naman dun sa picture. Sarap sampalin.
— Miriam Santiago (@MarengMiriam) June 1, 2015
For our non-Filipino readers, here’s my rough translation: “When your damn friends tag you even when you’re not in the picture. #bitchslap”
3. Because Alton Brown is cool like this:
— Alton Brown (@altonbrown) June 8, 2015
4. Ellen never fails to make me smile.
.@SerenaWilliams won the French Open! Incredible. Congrats to you & the entire Williams family — Venus, Vanessa, Michelle & Robbie.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) June 6, 2015
5. Her show’s executive producer, Andy Lassner, often comes up with pretty good zingers too.
"Does the hitting me with the stick thing stop now?" -American Pharoah
— andy lassner (@andylassner) June 6, 2015
6. But sometimes it’s the replies that are winners. Like this one:
— Ben Fraley (@benfraley) June 1, 2015
7. I love the anecdote that was posted here:
Maurice Sendak would've turned 87 today. Obligatory annual airing of the perfect anecdote & one of his envelopes: pic.twitter.com/NzDDPH5GHh
— Letters of Note (@LettersOfNote) June 10, 2015
8. If you’re not following @TheTweetOfGod, I think you should. Check out irreverent tweets like these:
Your prayer has a current wait time of 400 million years. We apologize for the inconvenience.
— God (@TheTweetOfGod) June 5, 2015
To those of you taking the SATs tomorrow: BCCDECDABBCDEABCDEEBBCEBADEBCDEACBDEACBEDACBCAD. I damn well better see you in church on Sunday.
— God (@TheTweetOfGod) June 6, 2015
9. I think Jimmy Fallon is one of the funniest guys on TV today.
— Fallon Tonight (@FallonTonight) June 12, 2015
10. Have you guys heard of @HonestToddler? No one really knows who he is but his tweets (if toddlers really tweeted) seem to echo a lot of what I go through with Carlo. Hahaha. Here are some of his latest gems:
Fact: Adults don't fully wake up until noon and by 3pm they're ready for bed. #Weak
— Honest Toddler (@HonestToddler) June 3, 2015
Toddler Tip: Wake someone up by jumping on their chest. If they don't die, you'll soon have breakfast.
— Honest Toddler (@HonestToddler) June 7, 2015
Toddler Tip: A fun alternative to eating is crying.
— Honest Toddler (@HonestToddler) June 8, 2015